Do‘s and Don’ts
Buying a home is a huge investment, and probably one of the most significant purchases you will make. The following information provides some recommended do’s and don’ts that can help you in the mortgage purchasing process.
1. Don’t apply for any new credit of any kind
2. Don’t overcharge or max out existing credit cards
3. Don’t consolidate debt into one account
4. Don’t make ANY large purchases
5. Don’t make ANY large deposit into your accounts
6. Do keep all existing cards open
7. Do maintain your current employment
8. Do payoff collections, judgments and tax liens that report within the last 12 months
9. Do stay current on all existing accounts
10. Do call AMEC Home Loans – We are here to help you through the process!